Sunday, February 26, 2012

I am about to purchase a VW passat wagon from the US. What will I have to do to import it?

I need a clearance letter saying any/all the recalls are done and I'll have to pass the compliance here - daytime running lights? anything else? What else should I expect when bringing it into Canada? Duty? What is excise tax? It's SOOOO much cheaper to buy it there but I do want to be able to import it and don't want to pay a fortune to do so!I am about to purchase a VW passat wagon from the US. What will I have to do to import it?You are aware that some dealers won't sell new vehicles to residents of another country? It violates a U.S. dealers franchise agreement to sell a new vehicle to the export markets, including Canada. It is not illegal (under criminal law) but they can face the loss of their dealership. And worse yet, some manufacturers will not give you warranty coverage on the vehicles. Chrysler and Honda, for sure, and GM won't give you any warranty for the first 6 months. You had better check with Volkswagen, because all the savings in the world don't help if you have a major engine or transmission failure. The rest of your questions will be answered by RIV.

http://www.riv.ca/I am about to purchase a VW passat wagon from the US. What will I have to do to import it?CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DMV OFFICE, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL BE GETTING THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment