Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I replace or bypass the auto gearbox Inhibitor Switch on a VW Sharan?

I assume this is the fault, the car will not start or even turn over, it would seem like im not in Park or Neutrel but I am, in fact I can move the gear selector up and down the gearbox without having my foot on the brake. I looked in some forums who say this fault is the Inhibitor Switch, but where is it or can I bypass it?How do I replace or bypass the auto gearbox Inhibitor Switch on a VW Sharan?The inhibitor switch is by definition a switch that allows the vehicle to be started in neutral or park only,for obvious reasons.Its not a good idea to bypass this switch but in order to prove the fault the switch is external mount with four wires,and the opposite two can be bridged to test Which two?? just try Dont leave it this way but have you checked the fuse and before joining make sure there is a live feed Stay luckyHow do I replace or bypass the auto gearbox Inhibitor Switch on a VW Sharan?The switch is located on the automatic gearbox, you will see a small switch with three or four wires going down to it. You need to unbolt this switch and replace it. Should not need any internal disconnections as it is an external switch. (Don't be confused with the electronic speedo sensor. )

1 comment:

  1. ML324 exhibits good Caco-2 cell permeability, and possesses excellent microsomal stability in the presence of both mouse and rat liver microsomes. ML324

    ReplyDelete