Monday, February 20, 2012

How do I replace the entire headlamp on my 1997 VW Passat?

I unscrewed the top two screws, but can't get to the lower ones. I am assuming I need to take off the upper piece of the bumper, but can't figure it out. Please help.



Thanks!How do I replace the entire headlamp on my 1997 VW Passat?Yes undo the bolts above the light, which should loosen off the metal running across the top of radiator, unattach the various wires that are attached then carefully push the light out from engine bay forward. If it is still 'stuck fast' check for any secondary fixing points, i think there are 4 in total.(2Xbolts %26amp; 2Xscrews?) You shouldnt have to remove the bumper!

You will have to be abit brutal to get the old one out, especially if the indicator is seperate (It may help to unclip that 1st %26amp; remove too so you can see around the side!) Putting the new one back in is more straight forward, just remember where the bolts go back!

I had to take the headlamp out of my '95 Audi which is pretty much the same as the passat!

Goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment