Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can I change the key blade on my VW key fob to a new matching key fob from Ebay?

My girlfriend has just bought a VW Beetle and the key is not great. There are Ebayers selling new key fobs with uncut blades but a local VW dealer told me that I would be unable to get a key blade cut as they only come from Germany. Is this true? Dealer charging 拢190.00 for new blade, fob and re-programming. Thought about buying one of Ebay but this may not be a good idea! Then thought about buying one of Ebay and then switching over old blade to new blipper but would this work? Does it need re-programming and if so can this be done without going through a VW Dealership as they are a rip off? Can anyone help please?Can I change the key blade on my VW key fob to a new matching key fob from Ebay?No you can't do that as the key would have to be coded for the immobiliser in the car and that is contained in the key fob and each lock and code is different for every car that's why the dealership was charging for re-programming. You need the right coded key for the car so the best way would be to get a new key made altogether for the car through VWCan I change the key blade on my VW key fob to a new matching key fob from Ebay?
The car's central locking/immobiliser will need to be reprogrammed to accept the new blipper.

Only an authorised (VW) dealer is allowed to do this, for security reasons.Can I change the key blade on my VW key fob to a new matching key fob from Ebay?if your just looking to replace it because the fob is all banged up, you could take the key apart, and use the new fob "shell"



just put your old bland and the circut in the new key, done
key's and immobeliser can be reset with : vag-com or obd-toolCan I change the key blade on my VW key fob to a new matching key fob from Ebay?noCan I change the key blade on my VW key fob to a new matching key fob from Ebay?
yes,only EBAY expresse
depends how much on ebay could try if not to expensive and see good luck hope u get sortedCan I change the key blade on my VW key fob to a new matching key fob from Ebay?
I don't how you are going to do that , I have a ford and the key is enclosed in the ket fob I guess those german Have a different system than ours, good luck,
Yes you can buy one, you just need to make sure the long code of letters and numbers on the transponder is the same as the one you already have. You can reprogram the keys yourself too, it tells you how in the owners manual. You just put one in the ignition, and the "new" one in the door lock. The manual will explain the entire process to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment