Thursday, February 23, 2012

Could I feasibly transplant the suspension system from a Citroen into a VW Golf?

Or any other car for that matter? I love the suspension from old citroen xantias, BX's etc... they're so good that nowadays Bentley and Rolls Royce use them. So I'd like to put some in my VW.Could I feasibly transplant the suspension system from a Citroen into a VW Golf?As far as swapping parts, almost certainly not. Even if it would fit, the suspension has to be matched to the car's weight and performance. Even the same car with a different engine in it will have a different suspension from the factory.



What is it that you like about the suspension in our Citroen? Find a forum for the VW, and ask about an aftermarket suspension that will give you the same benefits. www.vwvortex.com is a starting point, but there are many, many forums to discuss VW cars.Could I feasibly transplant the suspension system from a Citroen into a VW Golf?its not 42 either

No comments:

Post a Comment