Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I fix the gas gauge on my VW kombi and beatle?

I have a VW Combi and Beetle, both 70's models, the gas gages don't work at all, what should i look for and how would i go about fixing it??

I live on a small island so I would like to try and fix it myself instead of taking it all the way to the mainland.

cheersHow do I fix the gas gauge on my VW kombi and beatle?these used a mechanical gauge, a cable, and a float inside the tank chances are the float has gotten heavy with gas and sunk requiring a new sending unit these are an easy install but no smoking or unshielded lamps.

note as you are on an island salt may have rusted the cable, these were more of a pain to replace i don't ever recall having to replace the gauge itselfHow do I fix the gas gauge on my VW kombi and beatle?start at the fuse box and the work back right through the wiring loom up to the bulbs and then gages.How do I fix the gas gauge on my VW kombi and beatle?Check the float in the tank sometimes it will get stuck

No comments:

Post a Comment