Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I go about changing the computer chip in my 1999 VW Golf?

Im looking into changinbg the computer in my car so it can look bone stock and be able to have better rev per min and be able to give it more horsepower.



Has anyone ever changed the computer and how do i change mine?



About how long does it take?



I already know where to purchase the new chip, I just need to know what are the procedures.



Ten points to first response with all the answers.How do I go about changing the computer chip in my 1999 VW Golf?changing the chip its self is rather easy, all you have to do is open up the ecu, pop out the old chip and pop in the new one. but here is where things get sticky. . . . . .First you have to locate the ecu, then once you locate it, don't touch it yet cus if you arnt standing on a grounding mat or wearing grounding straps you will fry the chips. if done correctly it will take you about 45min to 1.5hrs to do, but i only recommend taking on this kind of modification/tuning if you are a professional. But if you really want to save money and do it your self, you can get a repair manual for your car at autozone or discount auto and it will tell you where the ecu is in your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment