Sunday, January 29, 2012

How do I "flush" my brake fluid in a 2004 VW Golf?

Can I just siphon out the fluid that's in there and fill it back with new brake fluid? VW wanted $90 to do it. Unless it's very complicated, I believe I can do it myself.How do I "flush" my brake fluid in a 2004 VW Golf?Suck out the old fluid from the master cylinder with a suction gun. It looks like a grease gun but with a hose and a handle at the other end that you pull to draw fluid into the gun. Pour new brake fluid in. Make sure you use the recommended fluid that it says to use in your owners manual, Or on the master cylinder cap. Mixing Dot3 And Dot 4 can cause gelling up of the brake fluid. After you've refilled it with new fluid bleed the brakes.

Have someone pump the brakes about 5 times and hold the pedal down after the 5th time and crack the bleeder valve open on the right rear brake. When the pedal hits the floor, have the person yell out floor and tighten up the bleeder screw. Tell the person in the car not to let up on the brake pedal until you say pump it, Or stop. Otherwise if they let their foot off it will draw air into the system. Then when you've tightened up the bleeder all the way tell them to pump the pedal again 5 times and repeat the process Do this 5 times per wheel. Fill up the brake master cylinder with fluid after you bleed each wheel so you don't run the master cylinder dry. Don't let the master cylinder run out of fluid!!!!!

Do it in this order. RR,LR RF LF....Right rear, Left rear, Right front, Left frontHow do I "flush" my brake fluid in a 2004 VW Golf?A flush is where new fluid is run through the system.How do I "flush" my brake fluid in a 2004 VW Golf?Well you cant get a BIOS

No comments:

Post a Comment