Sunday, January 29, 2012

What should I do at 40,000 mile service for my VW Passat 2006?

I have VW Passat 2006. I need to get 40,000 mile service. Dealer wants to charge $700 for bunch of system checks. Sould I do it at the dealer or find a shop and replace some parts. If recommend parts than waht parts and what service?What should I do at 40,000 mile service for my VW Passat 2006?Sell it. That is what happens when you buy a Passat. Trade it now or it is just going to get worse.What should I do at 40,000 mile service for my VW Passat 2006?VW Passats are bullet proof, you are just having a typical dealer experience, they use scare tactics and big phrase like 'complete diagnostic system check' to make you think that you REALLLLY need it.



If i remember correctly, VW Passats (Petrol, not diesel) need servicing every 20k, that would mean your car is on it's second service.

Your service would include:

*Spark plugs

*Air-Con Filter

*Air Filter

*Oil Filter

*Engine Oil

*Wiper Blades (if required)

and the usual visual checks, nothing more.



Your car will be worth more when you come to sell it if you keep up the VW service history, but is it worth the massive dealer costs?What should I do at 40,000 mile service for my VW Passat 2006?Look in the owners manual and see what they recommend and then shop around at the good shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment