Sunday, January 29, 2012

How can I tell if my VW Beetle air cooled engine has been upgraded to a 2165cc from a 1600cc?

I just bought a VW sand rail and was told from the guy I bought it from it was a 2165 cc but looking at it next to my old 1600 they looks identical, how can I tell if it truly is a 2165 cc with out taking my heads off are the jugs bigger or heads?How can I tell if my VW Beetle air cooled engine has been upgraded to a 2165cc from a 1600cc?Some 2165 pics and a build description here. http://www.superbuggy2165.webpro101.com/鈥?/a>



Hope you see something you recognise!How can I tell if my VW Beetle air cooled engine has been upgraded to a 2165cc from a 1600cc?thats approximately 25 percent more horsepower, and its internal so you would see nothing, however its going to be much quicker in all four gears, and a lot more torque, We did this a long time ago, and had it burping the tires in second so there is a major power difference. Something I learned from a friend of mine long ago, adjust the valves everytime you do a tune up. Yes its more labor, but it will help keep that bug running long and hard through thick and thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment