Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Is it legal to take the Emblem off my VW golf in New jersey?

I have seen it alot around, but i want to know, is is legal to "debadge" my car, meaning taking off the golf, and the VW emblem off the back of the car. Please dont ask why, its just a tuner thing. Please, Cops, etc.. someone experience, thanks guys.Is it legal to take the Emblem off my VW golf in New jersey?Do what you want. It's perfectly legal to remove it. If you want, you could even put a BMW emblem on your car.



What would be illegal is if you put the BMW emblem on, then tried to claim that it IS a BMW when you sell it.



If you are leasing, then you have to return it to original condition before turning it in.Is it legal to take the Emblem off my VW golf in New jersey?
Well, if I owned a VW Golf, I would also remove the badge to make it as inconspicuous as possible.



Seriously, however, I do not know of any such law.



On a slightly different slant, many years ago someone in the UK took a Rolls Royce and fitted it with a Rolls aero engine (I think it was out of a Spitfire). I know Rolls started legal proceedings against him as he still called it a Rolls Royce. My memory is hazy, but I think Rolls won the case.Is it legal to take the Emblem off my VW golf in New jersey?Oh yeah, I know plenty of people that remove the emblems from their cars. Just as long as you have a license plate on it, the cops won't care what kind of car it is. A lot of the expensive BMWs and Mercedes around where I live have the model designation taken off the back. It looks cleaner and more symmetrical I think.
I think Guy is right, there should be no reason that you couldn't take your badges off...



I almost always debadge my cars, I think they look better, and it requires people to have at least a basic understanding of my car before they come up and talk to me!Is it legal to take the Emblem off my VW golf in New jersey?I do that with all my vehicles in MA. it makes it look cleaner and nice without all the words on it. it is NOT illegal to do. its your car, if you want to do it, feel free...



you should use something like a hair dryer to make the adhesive warm and loosen up. It will make it a lot easier to remove.Is it legal to take the Emblem off my VW golf in New jersey?
If you are the legal owner of the car, you can do what you want with it, and no one can tell you otherwise.

Removing and adding badges on cars is not illegal.
It's YOUR car you can do what you want to it! why give them the free advertising? No it's not illegal! As long as you are buying it and not leasing it!!Is it legal to take the Emblem off my VW golf in New jersey?
You can take off any badge, off of any car, anywhere.
It is not illegal to remove nameplates and emblems from your vehicle. Period.
  • pizza coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment